HOW DO I?
How do I make donations to the Osgood Public Library?
We appreciate your consideration in giving to your local library. To accommodate those at all levels, we've have created many ways to give.
- Help build the library's collection! Commemorate your loved ones and special events in your life with a contribution of library materials. Each gift item bears an inscribed bookplate, as specified by the donor.
- Invest in the library's future! You may also give to the Library's Endowment Fund (at the Ripley County Community Foundation), which will be held in perpetuity. Only the interest from this fund will be spent towards library improvements.
- Special need donations! General Gift Fund donations will be used to help the library with specific need areas. Some of these are: library programming, computer accessibility and technology, library equipment, and outreach services. You can designate how your donation will be used.
- General online giving
Donations to the Library are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
How do I download eBooks and Audio Books?
Electronic media is available for your computer, e-reader, tablet, and or smartphone using a variety of methods. For a general overview and information on using specific devices click here.
Sign into the eIndiana Digital Consortium with your library card barcode number and pin/password here.
Forgot your pin/password? Click here
For additional assistance contact any library staff member. Our Library/Technology assistant is also available on Tuesdays from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm and Thursdays from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm at the Osgood location.
How do I reserve a meeting room?
Meeting rooms are scheduled on a first come first serve basis and not more than 90 days in advance.
Complete and submit the Meeting Room Use Form which must be on file in the library no later than two (2) business days before the program(s) date.
For the complete Meeting Room Policy click here.
How do I get a Library Card?
Residents or property owners of Center, Delaware, Franklin, and Washington townships of Ripley County and residents of Napoleon (with some exceptions) are eligible for a free library card.
Residents age 18 or over must show one piece of photo identification bearing both name and current address or at least two pieces of identification, one with a photo and one with a current address.
Residents under 18 can obtain a card with a parent or guardian signature on the library card registration. The parent or guardian accompanying the child must show the appropriate id for obtaining an adult card. The parent or guardian who signs the registration is responsible for any overdue, lost, or damaged materials.
Enter your address on this website to preliminarily check if your address is in the Osgood Public Library district. http://evergreen.lib.in.us/map/districts.html (Use of this site does not verify eligibility.)
You may apply for a card in person at the library or you may submit a request for a library card online at evergreen.lib.in/eg/opac/register?physical_loc=255.
- Select either Osgood Public Library – Osgood or Milan Branch Library as your home library
- Items with red asterisks are required.
- Use all capitals in each field with the exception of the User Name field.
- Enter your birthdate with the year first, then month and day. YYYY-MM-DD
After submitting the form online present the required documents listed above at the library.
How do I take advantage of the Inter-Library Loan program?
Items not available in the Osgood Public Library collection can be requested in three ways:
For items within the Evergreen library system you can, using My Account, search the catalog and place holds and have the items shipped to your home library. An exception to this is that DVDs cannot be shipped.
Items not in the Evergreen library may be requested from other public libraries in and out of state. Material is delivered to the library and must be returned by a specific date. Ask at the circulation desk to make a request.
There are two exceptions to this; items that are less than 6 months old and DVD's cannot be shipped.
Items not in the Evergreen library system may be requested from other participating Indiana libraries through SRCS (Statewide Remote Circulation System) Use your My Account information to log onto the SRCS website and place holds to have shipped to your home library. Click here.
Items not in the Evergreen library system or SRCS website may be requested from other Indiana libraries or out of state libraries. Material is delivered to the library and must be returned by a specific date. Shipping fees may be charged. Ask at the circulation desk to make a request.
How do I pay my bill with a credit or debit card?
You may pay your outstanding bill with a credit or debit card by:
- Paying in person at the library
- Online through your My Account here.
- Log in with your Library Card Number or Username and your PIN Number or Password.
- (If you don't remember your PIN Number or Password click on the Forgot your password? link.
- Click on the Pay Fines button and submit your card information to pay via the secure credit/debit card payment website.
- NOTE: You will be charged a 2.25% processing fee in addition to the bill amount.
How do I apply for a job at the library?
Please submit a resume, along with a completed job application (which you can download here).
How do I become a "Friend of the Library"?
Contact Jane Meyer at 812-852-2195 or you can reach them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.