The Osgood Public Library has many resources to help trace a family’s history or the history of Osgood and Ripley County. These items are housed in the Indiana Room which is part of the original Carnegie Library. Works by Violet Toph are available as are histories of local families compiled by family members. The library also has notes compiled by local genealogists. These are available only for use in the library and do not circulate although many other items in the Indiana Room do circulate. All items are included in the Evergreen catalog. Genealogy questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in from any Osgood Public Library public computer for full and complete access to Ancestry.com without a membership fee.
Ripley County Websites
- Ripley County Historical Society
- Ripley County Genealogical Data Page
- Ripley County, IN Gen Web Project
- Versailles Republican and Osgood Journal
- Neal's Funeral Home, Osgood
- Stratton - Karsteter Funeral Home, Versailles
- Laws-Carr-Moore Funeral Home, Milan
- Cook Funeral Home, Sunman
- Weigel Funeral Home, Batesville
- Meyers Funeral Home
General Genealogy Web Sites
- A Guide to Genealogy
- List of Genealogy websites
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints site for free genealogy searches
- Fort Wayne / Allen County Indiana resources
- Indiana State Library
- Largest free genealogical community
- Ancestry - World's largest online family history resource Log in from any Osgood Public Library public computer for full and complete access to Ancestry.com without a membership fee.